In the event of tied records, tiebreakers are:
- Head to Head
- Goals Against
- Goals Differential
- Coin Flip
FORMAT: All rules will be in accordance with USL Youth standards unless otherwise noted!
- 20-minute running halves; 4-minute halftime; Games start promptly on the hour. Beginning and end of halves will be marked by horn from a central location.
- In the event of an extended injury (longer than 1 minute), the officials will add time to the second half of the game.
- Substitutions on the fly, except after a goal is scored or on a time serving penalty. In that case the officials will allow a quick substitution to get EMO or MDD on the field.
- Penalties will be running time. The penalty time will begin when the ref blows the whistle to restart play. All time serving penalties will be 30 seconds longer than assigned due to running clock (e.g. 30-second penalty = 1 minute, 1-minute penalty = 1 1⁄2 minutes)
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team.
- There will be stick checks before each team's first game. There will be no further stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed.
- All legal stick & body checks are permitted. No take-out checks are permitted by any player at any age level.
- Only head coaches may speak to referees. All other coaches, parents, volunteers etc. should not speak to referees or risk an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for their respective team.
- In the event of a tie during pool games, 4-minute sudden death overtime will determine the winner. If no goal is scored after one overtime, the game will remain a tie.
- In the event of a tie during championship games, a Braveheart will determine the winner. Bravehearts will consist of 2 field players and a goalie selected by the head coach of their team. First team to score a goal wins. Teams defend the same goal they defended in the secon half. Teams must use the goalies on the field at the end of regulation. Goalies cannot pass midfield. No timeouts or substitutions are permitted except in the case or injury (in which case the opponent may also substitute a player).
Boys 8U, 10U & Girls 8U, 10U - 7v7
Girls 12U, 14U, High School JV & High School - 11v11
Boys 12U, 14U, High School JV & High School- 10v10
*10U - No Long Poles. Max Stick Length 42".
*12U - Reduced Long Poles. Max Stick Length 54".
Any team with a player in violation of any of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the player is known to have competed.
ECYLL reserves the right to disqualify a team for infractions of the following policies:
- Use of Illegal Players: The players listed on the roster at the time the roster is submitted are the only players eligible to play. They are expected to be age eligible.
- Poor sportsmanship: Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. Spirit of the game is expected as well. The ECYLL Administrators reserve the right to immediately terminate a game and/or escort a player, team, coach or spectator from the premises.
There's a chance for tournaments to be rained out, or experience inclement weather. Please be aware that $200 of your entry fee will be kept to cover administrative costs in the event of cancellation.:
- If your team plays 0 (zero) games, the team will be awarded a $300 refund.
- If your team plays 1 (one) game, the team will be awarded a $150 refund.
- If 2 (two) or more games are played, no refund will be awarded.
- A game is considered played once a draw/faceoff occurs.
- You must contact ECYLL regarding refunds within 3 days of the event in order to receive a refund.
SITE: North Campus Recreational Facility 3764 US HWY 264 East, Greenville, NC 27834